Autumn is a great time to introduce making a warm breakfast to start your day. This recipe for slow cooker cinnamon and apple porridge is so delicious. It’s more than your everyday porridge and one I save for the weekend.
Last Sunday I wondered downstairs and flicked the slow cooker on. I then poured into the cooking pot all my delicious ingredients that had been sitting in the fridge from the night before. Grabbing my coat I ventured out the door, into the cold, to walk the dog. Returning home the kitchen was already starting to smell good, and after a quick shower, and a hot coffee in my hand, the kids and I were ready to eat this delicious breakfast.
This porridge is creamy with a delicious flavour of apples. The aromatic cinnamon adds a depth and warmth to the porridge which makes it very different from your usual porridge.
Slow Cooker Cinnamon and Apple Porridge Recipe
Time to prepare: 15mins (leave overnight)
Time to cook: 1½ hours on low
- 150g porridge oats
- 1 pint of water
- ¾ pint of milk
- 1 apple peeled and cut into small cubes or grated
- 5 teaspoons of muscovado sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Top with raisins and sugar if you wish
- The night before measure out porridge oats, water, milk, and sugar. Give it a stir and leave it in the fridge overnight.
- The next morning, 1½ hours before you need to eat, pour the porridge oat mix into the pot and add the cinnamon and chopped/grated apple.
- Stir. Put the lid on and set the slow cooker to low and leave.
- This porridge is ready to eat in 1½ hours.
- When cooked pour into four bowls, and top with more sugar and perhaps a few raisins.
If you liked this slow cooker recipe you may like to have a look at the collection of other recipes, tips, and advice here. Thanks for reading and happy cooking.
↓↓↓↓Pin this recipe↓↓↓↓